Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Grade 7 £15,553.27 to £16,933.05 (Actual Salary) 27.5 hours term time only
Leaders of this happy, caring school are seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to start in post as soon as possible, to work across school teaching classes and groups of pupils. Some of the time, the role includes teaching phonics and maths across different age ranges and covering PPA time.
This is an exciting opportunity for a person who is committed, enthusiastic and dedicated to help pupils strive to reach the highest standards, which enable them to shine and flourish as individuals.
Applications are invited from an enthusiastic and committed person who must have the following qualities:
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant status
- Experience throughout all key stages, particularly in KS2
- High expectations, with the commitment and drive to raise standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness to lead and support pupils in a group and teach at whole class level
- Excellent behaviour management strategies
- Strong subject knowledge of curriculum areas, particularly in maths and English (GCSE equivalent A-C)
- A caring and reflective practitioner
- A team player who is supportive of the school’s Christian ethos
- Inspirational and enables children to achieve their personal best
- Highly motivated and resilient
We can offer:
- A supportive and nurturing ethos
- Kind, caring, happy, enthusiastic, well behaved learners
- Motivated, talented and committed staff
- A commitment to CPD and professional development
- A supportive team of staff, governors and parents
Please find below a link to our school website where you will find a Recruitment Pack and further information about our school. www.darringtonschool.org.uk
Applicants are warmly welcomed to visit the school on for an informal tour of school.
Please call the school office to arrange a visit on 01977 232320. Visits can be made during the following sessions:
Thursday 23 January 2:30pm, Friday 24 January 9:30am & Thursday 30 January 2pm
Closing Date: Friday 31 January (midday)
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
For further information please visit: www.wakefield.gov.uk. Alternatively, you can contact the Recruitment Line on 0845 8506506 (typetalk calls welcome) or email email@example.com.
Completed application forms should be returned to The School Business Manager, Darrington CE Primary School, Denby Crest, Darrington. WF8 3SB.
Emailed applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school on 01977 232320 if you would like to arrange a visit.
Darrington CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff to share this commitment. The successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.